In this time and age, it’s become much easier to work from home. Some companies even outsource remote admin assistance, which is good if you’re in the business because a lot of companies are looking for people to fill these jobs. In this article, we discuss the benefits of being a home-based virtual assistant.
Benefits of Home-based VA’s:
- More time: When you work from home, you no longer have to spend hours on your commute to and from your office. This also allows you to maximize the amount of work you get done since you don’t commute and more rest time.
- Bigger savings: Since your job is home-based, you no longer have to spend on commuting, meals, or even clothes for your office. Of course, keep in mind that working from home can also have some downsides. It’s good to manage your funds and your time to have effective work pace.
- More comfortable: If you’re not one to socialize or you prefer to keep to yourself when at the office, then you may benefit a lot from working at home. You should be careful not to get lazy though.
Of course, we can’t list the benefits without listing some of the challenges that comes with being a home-based virtual assistant. Transitioning from a regular office-based job comes with its own set of challenges that you should prepare yourself for.
Challenges of Home-based VA’s:
- Higher electricity bills: When you work online and you do work long hours, you can expect that the electricity bill will be quite high. Of course, since you’ve cut on the cost of commuting, outdoor meals, and clothes shopping, then if might be easier for you to budget how much you spend on bills and then budget everything else accordingly.
- No social life: Being a home-based employee means that most socialization you get is an occasional Skype call from your boss and some emails. It can be quite lonely, but since you have your time in your hands, you can always hang out with some of your old friends in their free time.
- Discipline: This is a crucial factor when you work from home. Often times, hiring companies entice you with the comfort of working from home. However, you have to remember that work, whether it’s at home or in an office needs to be accomplished. When you work from home, it’s important to practice self-discipline.
Transitioning from an office to your home isn’t going to be easy. There are a lot of adjustments to be made. But once you get the hang of it, you’ll see just how easy it can be. These are some of the benefits of being a home-based virtual assistant.